Our Senior Adult Ministries strive to serve all senior adults in Faith Church by:
encouraging and assisting their growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- fostering life-giving relationships between believers of all ages in the church
- motivating seniors to serve the Lord through volunteering in the church and the community
In order to accomplish these goals, we have organized the ministry into four Ministry Teams:
- Education: What do seniors need to know about life at this stage?
- Social and Events: Let's have some fun together!
- Small Groups: Different types, from lunch groups to life-stage support groups, to topic-driven. Usually in the daytime.
- Serving Others: We continue to serve the King in our church and community. We're still bearing fruit in old age; we're still fresh and green. (Ps 92:14)
let's DO LUNCH
These once a month lunch gatherings in homes or restaurants. We meet for 4 months, then shuffle to meet new people.
DESIGN YOUR OWN
Interested in a Bible study, or topical study? Or maybe a long-term covenant group? Just looking for some fellowship? Call Pam or Judy and we’ll help you find or start the group you’re looking for.
Join us October 14-20 for a fabulous trip to Branson including motorcoach transportation, 6 nights lodging, 10 meals, and 6 great shows. Contact Jim Murphy 970-290-0950. Watch the bulletin and Message of Faith for other social events being planned periodically, such as a potluck picnic, Larimer County Fair, tour of a missile silo, or a museum or concert.
Call Sharon Ruby 970-669-6912 with suggestions of social events you’d like to see us offer.
We present educational seminars from time to time on topics of interest to seniors. Some past events have been on how to avoid being scammed, and what we need to know about estate planning.
Dead Sea Scrolls at the Denver Museum, The Process of Bible Translation, Living Alone.
Watch the bulletin and Message of Faith for upcoming seminars.
Contact Kay Brown 970-219-2573, or Denny Jacobsen 970-691-1843 with your suggestions for topics you’d like to hear.
STILL IN THE GAME!
What do you have to offer? Can you help with computers? Small home repairs? Car maintenance? Let’s have the Body of Christ help one another. Contact Jim Murphy 970-290-0950 if you would like to know about ways to serve in the church and in the community.
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
As seniors, some of us have unmet needs. Do you need computer help? Small home repairs? Car maintenance? Call Jim Murphy 970-290-0950.We have people eager to help.
CARE & TRANSPORTATION
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! Could you occasionally provide a ride to a doctor’s appointment, or to church? Contact Ed Woofter 970-988-3486 for more info or to volunteer.